Monday, March 12, 2007

Learning that, I'm not so good at the whole Group Project thing

So after 15 years or so now of sincerely trying to be the good team player in the workplace and all, I've come to realize that there are aspects of the "working together" that I'm really not that good at.
I must say that my team mates were even two of my favorite classmates. My classmates are all amazing in their own right, and I say how remarkably diverse and cool they all are. These two in particular are patient and articulate, have a good sense of composition are colour, and during our brainstorming session spoke thoughtfully of ecology, western consumerism and assimilation. We had roughly five hours to transform limited supplies into our installed work. At the end of the day, I was more exhausted than usual. (My classmates had similar looks on their faces.) I realized how little I like to comprimise, how impatient I am when others are not as "ready to move on" as I am, and how generally how much more I'd rather to work alone.
Evidently, I need more of these projects.

2 comments:

Matthew Francis said...

I have a feeling this lesson is lifelong...

Kassianni said...

yes, this sounds like me too. *sigh* poor miserable sinners.