Tuesday, August 29, 2006



Prayer of Metropolitan St. Philaret of Moscow (19th century)



Lord, I know not what to ask of You.

You alone know what my true needs are.

You love me more than I myself know how to love.

Help me to see my real needs which may be hidden from me.

I dare not ask for either a cross or a consolation.

I can only wait upon You; my heart is open to You.

Visit and help me in Your steadfast love.

Strike me and heal me.

Cast me down and raise me up.

I worship in silence Your holy will.

I offer myself to you as a living sacrifice.

I put all my trust in You.

I have no other desire than to fulfill Your will.

Teach me to pray. Pray Yourself in me.

3 comments:

RW said...

Thank you Kimberley!

Amy said...

I keep checking here to see if you have posted anything about your new house and classes. How are they going?

kimberley francis said...

life is busy! loving my place ame, and classes are engaging.