Thursday, July 13, 2006

My first Ocean and Mountain

My parents kind of had this philosophy when we were kids, that they didn't slow down; we had to keep up. This meant that our vantage point for the first few years, was often from my dad's back pack.
We were walking along the shore at either North Beach or Pres'quille Park. I do remember that as kids, on warmer days we'd cart down some styrofoam surfboards from the stationwagon. We'd call this the "Ocean Side".

...And here I am with my moma having just climbed the "Mountain" behind our House, in Trenton, Ontario. It was technically one of the rolling hills of the Canadian Sheild and not really a mountain at all...but it didn't stop me from feeling as proud as Sir Edmund Hillary himself.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh who is cuter... you or your parents!!

Thanks

Matthew Francis said...

Love the new template, Kim!

And that is a picture of you and Dad that I don't think I've ever seen... I like how "Ted" is printed on his chest.

kimberley francis said...

yeah maybe that was his conference pullover, forever after, alleviating the need for anymore HELLO MY NAME IS stickers.

the funny thing is though, that everybody in Trenton knew Dad by name anyway...from their visits to the ER...

Amy said...

I was going to comment on the "Ted" on his sweater, but I sweer it's been done already. I thought maybe it was becasue Helen had a matching sweater and they needed a nifty way of keeping track of who's was who's.

kimberley francis said...

Actually Ame, my mom just reminded me of the six matching outfits we proudly sported to my dad's hospital softball games.

Of course they were complete with our names ironed on in velour, arranged in crescents on our backs. Ah yes, good old 1979. :)

Kassianni said...

you've got the coolest parents ever.

Amy said...

Hey Kim,

Owen and I have missed you terribly! We need our Auntie Kimberly fix. We have a photo shoot penciled in for tomorrow as we bneed to stick around the house. Wanna join us?